As you can see from the only post I left on here, I did this same list a year ago.
The sad part? I only saw THREE of the movies that came out last year. It’s a very sad life I lead when I can’t keep up with the times.
But let’s try this again, shall we? I can’t guarantee that I’ll actually see them, but you bet your bum that I’ll make an effort. If they’re listed here, it means I have a general interest in the movie… and that’s a start, isn’t it? Haha!
Okay, let’s see what we’ve got for 2013…
- Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters (I’ll admit, it’s mostly for Jeremy Renner)
- Movie 43
- Warm Bodies
- Side Effects
- Safe Haven (can’t leave Nicholas Sparks off my list! haha)
- Jack the Giant Slayer
- Oz: The Great and Powerful
- The Host (though I should probably read the book first, huh?)
- Iron Man 3
- About Time
- The Great Gatsby (wasn’t this supposed to come out in 2012?)
- Star Trek Into Darkness
- Fast and Furious 6
- Much Ado About Nothing (It’s a Joss Whedon film, so it’s a given)
- Man of Steel (I should see the other Superman movies, to see why it needs another reboot)
- Monsters University
- Despicable Me 2
- The Wolverine
- 300: Rise of an Empire
- Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters
- The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones
- Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
- Thor: The Dark World
- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (I just finished the book, so I’m definitely stoked for this one!)
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
A lot of prequels, sequels, or other continuations to movies this upcoming year. What I can’t stand, however, are the remakes, of which there are many in 2013 (like, does Carrie or Evil Dead really need to be redone? I think not). I’m not surprised though; it seems Hollywood can’t seem to come up with very many originals these days. I’m a sucker for movies in a series, as you’ve probably seen above. But remakes, especially unnecessary ones, are a bit annoying.
What movies are you looking forward to this year? Any thoughts about the upcoming year of movies?
Each year, I give myself the goal of watching 50 new movies I haven’t seen before, though I’ve extended that to include movies I may have seen part of before and have now seen completely from start to finish. Hopefully I’ll be able to add a few of these, and those I have yet to see from 2012, to my list this upcoming year. I know the pile of movies I’ve recently purchased, and the others I want to get my hands on, will definitely aid in my endeavors.
I’m such a ridiculous cinephile…